Race Day & Covid-19 Safety Protocols
RACE DAY / START
• Athletes are REQUIRED to wear face masks at ALL TIMES except while running in the race.
• Portalets will be spread out for social distancing in the lane adjacent to the start line.
• Athletes must line up by 7:00 am in corrals in an assembly area in the lane adjacent to the start line.
• All athletes will start in the lane immediately behind the start line and directed into position from the corrals.
• Athletes will be lined up by anticipated pace in rows of 7 with 8 feet between each athlete.
• Athletes will line up in 50 rows behind the start line on top of markers on the ground.
• Athletes will start by row every 5 seconds, beginning at 7:15 am.
• After each start, all other athletes will move 6 feet closer to the start line.
• All timing and scoring will be based on chip timing
• Once on the course, athletes are allowed to remove their masks.
• Our goal is to start athletes so you will initially become single file with options to pass.
• Athletes must run single-file and stay to the right at all times, except when passing.
• Passing is encouraged, but only when you can make it “stick.”
• Volunteers will place 8 oz bottles of water on a table for the athletes to self-serve.
• Athletes must use garbage boxes for self-disposal.
• Athletes must mask up after crossing the finish line.
• Athletes will self-serve bottled water immediately after the finish line.
• Volunteers will be on-hand to re-supply water bottles and finisher medal.
POST RACE: FINISHER MEDALS / SHIRTS / FOOD & BEVERAGE
• Athletes will self-serve their finisher medal from an assortment of vintage medals
• Athletes can pick up their finisher shirts in an area near the finish line.
• Food and beverage will be available in single-size packaging and will be 100% self-serve.
• Athletes can relax and recover under pavilions, at picnic tables, or on the grass.
• Athletes MUST practice social distancing and personal hygiene at all times.
• We will not stage an awards presentation on-site.
• We will mail overall and age group awards to each winner.
• Costume awards will not be offered this year.
– R.B., Lakeland
Our 2020 Season
Downtown St. Pete