Volunteers – Florida Halloween Distance Classic
“Many people fall in love with running and races, but I wish more folks would consider the joys that come from being on the “other” side with volunteering. The chance to make sure other participants enjoy their experience is just as meaningful, if not more so as we help them reach their goals, or at least make it a little easier.”
-Elizabeth Knott, Runner & Volunteer
Please help us help our athletes achieve their goals:
- with registration and packet pick-up (not in 2020 due to COVID-19)
- at an aid station dispensing fluids
- at the finish line distributing medals and bottled water
- at the food and beer tent (must be over 18 to serve beer)(not in 2020 due to COVID-19)
ALL our participants, athletes and volunteers alike, will enjoy a howling good time:
- located at our nation’s favorite beach
- typically ideal weather
- post-race celebration, including hot pasta, cold beer, and live music
- unique costumes worn by participants
- costumes encouraged for volunteers, but not mandatory
- Zorrel hi-tech shirts
If your friends or family members are coming with you, they can “participate” in your race by serving as a volunteer.
Or perhaps you’re an athlete who is not entered to participate for whatever reason – here’s an excellent opportunity to help your fellow athletes and socialize with them afterwards in a beautiful park setting on a very festive holiday.
Volunteer Fundraising Opportunity
In an effort to give back to our community, we invite small groups to adopt an aid station during each of our races. Any non-profit group of four or more volunteers will receive a post-race donation of $100. Minimum age is 12. Run-oriented groups will receive comp entries for upcoming races. This is a fun way for running clubs, youth athletic teams, school groups, and other charities to participate in our community events while earning funds for your organization.
If your group would like to participate, please register NOW! These are offered on a first-come basis and may fill up quickly. Please note that registering does not guarantee you a spot. Our volunteer coordinator will be in touch with your group assignment.
On behalf of our athletes, many thanks to all in the Tampa Bay community for all your continued support.
– Ellen Jaffe Jones, Holmes Beach
Our 2020-21 Season
Fort De Soto Distance Classic
15K, 10K & 5K
Sunday, October 3, 2021
Fort De Soto Park