Registration is now OPEN for our Florida Halloween Virtual Runs during the weeks surrounding October 30, 2022, to coincide with the actual running of our races. This allows athletes to run or walk anywhere in the world and still earn one of our finisher’s medals.
In previous years, the Halloween Virtual Run provided funds for numerous non-profit groups including John Hopkins Magnet Enrichment Program, Tutterow Stars, Largo High Girls Cross Country, USFSP Club TRiO S4, Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida, Calvary Chapel Running Team, U of South Florida All Stars, and Operation SNIP.
Our Virtual Runs have also helped raise money for:
- Support Our Marines, Inc. founded by one of our loyal athletes, Dianne Villano, to support troops in the most remote locations.
- Partners For Life Foundation, created by Lorraine Yaslowitz to support families who lose loved ones to senseless acts of violence in memory of her husband Jeff, a K9 police officer in St. Petersburg, FL lost in the line of duty in 2011.
Here is how our Virtual Runs work:
Our virtual runs are staged completely on the honor system. By registering, we assume you will complete the mileage required. We will send you an official finisher medal from the event you registered for. Your bib will also be included. These are beautiful, custom-made medals, along with a custom ribbon.
1. You can complete your mileage in one run or you can split it up – your choice.
2. Your medal and bib will be mailed shortly after the on-site race. T-shirts are not included in order to keep the price/shipping costs low.
3. Please share your results, experience and photos by tagging us on Instagram or Facebook #FloridaRoadRaces. Your results will NOT be recorded as official results, nor will you be eligible for age group awards or rankings. It is not necessary to send us emails to report results, but you are certainly welcome to share your comments on social media.
“As one of your virtual marathoners (got my first few miles in yesterday morning here in WI), I want to tell you what an awesome, awesome job you are doing. The race information you provide is the best I’ve ever read – thorough, easy to understand and covering just about everything.
Thank you for putting this together. The work load must be enormous.
If we lived closer, I would definitely participate in some of your other races. I’m proud to be one of your virtual runners and so thankful for the wonderful charity work you do.
Again, thank you.”
Debbi Segina, a proud member of the Adams County Running/Walking Club
We’re located in the beautiful Tampa Bay area, staging races in Fort DeSoto Park, St. Petersburg, and Madeira Beach to Largo.
– Craig Hablewitz, Virtual Runner who completed the 2015 Florida Beach Halfathon in Nepal
Our 2022-23 Season
Fort De Soto Distance Classic
15K, 10K, 5K & Virtual
Sunday, September 25, 2022
Fort De Soto Park
Downtown St. Pete