DATE: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2021
PLACE: FT. DE SOTO PARK, ST. PETERSBURG
HALFATHON: 7:05 a.m.
10K & 5K: 7:22 a.m.
REGISTRATION & PACKET PICKUP:
On-line registration ONLY – there will be NO on-site registration.
• For your convenience, instead of packet pickup, all bibs for registered athletes will be sent via US First Class Mail on Saturday, October 16, and then on a daily basis.
The Halfathon, 10K and 5K courses start at North Beach and are pure out-and-back 13.1 mile, 6.2 and 3.1 mile tours of Ft. De Soto Park run on paved trails and access roads. You will NOT be running on the sand.
These are extremely flat and fast courses with no bridges, overpasses, or discernible inclines. They are accurately measured and will be certified by the USATF.
Fort De Soto Park has been named “America’s Top Beach” by TripAdvisor several times over the years citing a “spectacular combination of soft white sand, calm, clear water and a laid-back atmosphere.”
“Another great job with the Halloween Halfathon! Loved the course, loved the Halloween twist on the starfish medals, and of course the volunteers were great and everything was so organized! You also do a great job with communication – thanks so much!”
– Eileen Boyle, Trinity
About the Halloween Distance Classic Halfathon, 10K, & 5k
Join us for a wicked-good time during our 13th Annual Halloween Halfathon, 5K & 10K race at Fort De Soto Park on Halloween. Virtual option as well. Enjoy the parade of costumes whizzing by at this fun, yet competitive, race not to miss!
Costumes are encouraged, but not required. Create unique costumes in the spirit of Halloween that will not adversely affect your performance. From the most elaborate, to the simply cleverly, the costumes add to the festive feel of our Halloween Distance Classic.
Covid Protocol at The Race
As our participants’ safety is ALWAYS our top priority, we are implementing several COVID Safety Protocols, though relaxed from last year’s races at Ft. De Soto:
• Face masks while not running on the course are encouraged, but not mandatory. Your choice.
• Pre-race, we will line up with social distancing in place.
• On the courses, aid stations will have 8 oz. bottled water only.
• At the finish line, 16 oz water bottles will be self serve.
• After you finish your race, finisher medals, race shirts, food, and beverage will be self-serve in individually wrapped servings.
• Athletes are welcome to use nearby pavilions, picnic tables and grassy areas to relax and recover.
• Awards for overall, master, grandmaster and Age Group Champions will be mailed by First Class Mail.
• Race Day Safety Protocols will be included in your runner notes and are posted at our website:
We’re located in the beautiful Tampa Bay area, staging races in Clearwater, Fort DeSoto Park, and Madeira Beach to Largo.
The Starfish Challenge!
The only year-long runners’ Challenge in Tampa Bay! Sorry, but due to COVID-19, we had to suspend the Challenge for this year. As with all races, we hope that we can resume our Challenge next season. Please stay safe!